If you want easy money, stay at your job. But if you want to potentially earn a lot more money, control your destiny, and chase your passions — entrepreneurship could be the route for you.
Just know that if you choose this route, your life will never be the same. You will struggle, you will want to quit, and you will doubt yourself more than you could ever imagine.
Not a single entrepreneur I’ve ever interviewed on my podcast or read about in hundreds of books has ever said it was easy. But, if you see it through, you will find more joy and fulfillment than any job could ever give you.
Entrepreneurship has been the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. It’s been three years since I walked out of my corporate job to pursue the unknown world of blogging, writing, and building a personal brand.
In my own journey, I struggled for years before ever feeling like I “made it.” Honestly, motivational YouTube videos are the reason I’m writing this post. Without people like Eric Thomas, Les Brown, and Tony Robbins, I probably would’ve quit being an entrepreneur.
Eric Thomas, aka the “Hip Hop Preacher,” was my go-to when things got tough and I felt like quitting in the beginning. Use these quotes to get the motivation to keep going and not give up on your dreams.
1. “I love the sun but things don’t grow because of the sun. You have to have some rain… you have to stop looking at rain in your life like something bad.”
2. “My greatest moments didn’t come from my greatest moments. My greatest moments came from my greatest defeats. It was during my defeat that I had to find a way to get back up.”
3. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
4. “Greatness is upon you, you better act like it.”
5. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.”
6. “You have to be ready to sacrifice who you are, for who you will become.”
7. “I am not phenomenally skilled, I am phenomenally willed. I will not give up, I will not surrender, I will not quit.”
Entrepreneurship is the greatest battle you will ever face. There’s a reason you hear stats like “9 out of 10 businesses” fail and everything else about building a business — it’s hard. If it wasn’t, everyone would do it.
But in today’s world, I think that stat is outdated. Online businesses are easier (notice I didn’t say easy) than they were a decade or two ago. If you want to find success as an entrepreneur, focus all of your energy on what you want — not what you don’t.
Work on yourself, ignore the haters, train your mind for success, and make a promise to yourself to just keep going.
Written by Michael Leonard